Healthy Food Eating Tips By Diamonds catering
The rainy season brings along with it a mix of things including romance, long-drives, hot coffees, getting struck but also various diseases and health issues. The food spoils easily and mosquitoes make it impossible to sleep peacefully all night. In order not to fall a victim to all these, it is imperative for us to know what should be included in our diet and what should be excluded. Here is a list of things that should be eaten and those that should be avoided.
Eat light and easily digestible foods, cooked or steamed vegetables, zucchini, squash, pumpkin, steamed salad, fruits, moong dal, khichree, corn, chickpea flour, and oatmeal etc.
- Light oils like olive oil, sunflower oil, corn oil and ghee should be used.
- If you want to eat outside, make sure you choose a healthy and hygienic place.
- Eat bitter vegetables like bitter gourd and bitter herbs like neem, fenugreek and turmeric.
- Self massage with sesame twice a week also helps.
- Body’s immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, stir fries and curries you intake.
- Yogurt, curd and almonds should be included in diets instead of milk.
- Astringent, mildly bitter and pungent foods must be taken this season.
- Lots of herbal tree should be taken, especially those with antibacterial property.
- Steamed salads should be taken instead of raw vegetables.
- Only seasonal fruits should be taken.
Don’t do this:
- Heavy, hot, acidic, sour food should be avoided as it promotes water retention, indigestion, hyperacidity and bloating.
- Heavy exercises like running, cycling, etc. should be avoided.
- Mustard oil, peanut oil and other heavy heating oils should be avoided.
- Deep fried food, junk food and meat should be avoided.
- Avoid food exposed to atmosphere.
- Raw salads and cut fruits must be avoided.
- Fruits and dishes which are very sour like tamarind, pickles and chutneys should be avoided.
- Watery foods such as lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon should be avoided as they cause swelling in the body.
- Salty food should be avoided as it can cause blood pressure.
These are some of the important dos and don’ts for the season of monsoon. Hope you enjoyed Catering Campbelltown
the tips. Keep reading for more such tips. Stay healthy, eat fresh and enjoy the rain!